San Diego, CA
A reputable commercial real estate services firm is looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager to join their team and provide high-level operation and financial support to the team’s diverse commercial real estate portfolio. The Senior Portfolio Manager will interface with and oversee
Real Estate Managers (Property Managers) and Assistants and review budgets and monthly reports. They will perform client relationship management and provide real estate knowledge, in additional to negotiating lease renewals, overseeing construction management and contract scopes.
- Responsible for successful management and operation of the portfolio
- Insure smooth transition for all new management contracts
- Assist in pricing and pitching of new management accounts
- Oversee amendments to management contracts
- Responsible for knowing, understanding and implementing the terms and requirements
of each management contract (and the underlying job cost) under their supervision
- Oversight of day-to-day operations, vendors and maintenance of assigned portfolio of
- Lease renewal negotiations and documentation preparation
- Client communication as required to ensure high satisfaction level
- Build and maintain client relationships, including sales presentations and client
relationship manager roles
- Review and approve hourly time allocations for team and ensure portfolio meets budget
- Ensure team members are functioning efficiently and performing duties as required.
Address performance issues (good or bad) in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and training to team members
- Meet quarterly with Principal(s) to present portfolio achievements and future goals
- Oversee contracted vendors and property staff to ensure they are meeting the terms of
the contract and scope of work on behalf of the client
- Proactively conduct periodic property inspections and carry out all appropriate actions,
including but not limited to, taking necessary steps to ensure all spaces such as vacancies
and common areas are tour ready
- Work with Project Manager on oversight of property and tenant construction projects.
Ensure contracted projects adherence to building rules, regulations, and specifications.
Oversee all Capital and Major Repair projects. In the absence of Project Manager, will be
required to oversee the capital projects and tenant construction.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenant and vendor contacts.
- Develop written communications to tenants for lease compliance and rent collection. Be
familiar with all pertinent property information for assigned buildings including leases,
management agreements, associations, and listing agreements.
- Make recommendations to Principal(s)/VP Operations regarding property issues.
- Review of annual operating and capital budgets as prepared by Real Estate Managers in
accordance to the budget guidelines. Work with clients for final approval.
- Review and approve tenant operating expense estimates and reconciliations as
prepared by Real Estate Manager and Accounting. Work with clients for final approval.
- Ensure portfolio’s budget and projects are met and property goals are obtained. Ensure
all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Review of required financial reports, including accruals, reclasses, management
narrative, budget variance and other reports as prepared by Real Estate Manager and
Accounting and as required for client
- Review and approve invoices daily to allow for efficient weekly check runs for each
- Weekly updates of the commission sheet
- Ensure all rent and miscellaneous charges are collected timely
- Review major delinquencies, participate in resolution, if necessary, and communication
regarding such to client
- Ensure maintenance requests are completed to the tenant’s (or client’s) satisfaction
- Ensure customer moves are coordinated by management team
- Ensure team’s deadlines are met, i.e. budget, reporting, CAM etc.
- Oversee tenant insurance compliance and assists when necessary
- Respond to property after hour calls and emergencies, 24 hours per day, 7 days per
week. If unavailable to respond, make prior arrangements to have calls responded by
another team member.
- Bill all SP/CMF/LC for properties
- 10+years real estate management experience
- California Real Estate License (salesperson or Broker) in good standing
- College degree preferred
- Project Management experience a plus
- RPA and/or CPM designation or coursework and candidacy preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to supervise 1 or more employees
- A problem-solving mindset and ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent customer service and communication skills