San Diego, CA
- monthly, annual, and/or quarterly projects, inspections and repairs, ensuring on time completion and within budget. Coordination with client companies in an effort to reduce any disruption to operations.
- Oversee, manage and/or perform other property management functions required of the position and assigned project(s).
- Review Leases and Amendments, preparation and submittal of Lease Abstracts into Yardi and/or any other accounting systems. Preparation and review of operating matrix with client company and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Create a culture providing guidance for new client companies with vendor recommendations if needed, new client company orientations, safety trainings and other educational forums that are beneficial to client companies.
- Work with Legal as needed on client company requests as needed or for items not clearly defined in Lease.
- Immediate response to liability and/or major property issues and reporting to Risk Management.
- Preparation of annual property operating budgets, monthly financial statements, quarterly budget reforecasts, accruals, variance reporting, CAM reconciliations and billings; ability to present to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Timely collection of monthly rents in accordance with Lease terms, resolution of outstanding A/R issues including direct billbacks.
- Routine processing of accounts payable.
- Reconciliation of financial statements and ledgers.
Client Company/Life Science Community Relations:
- Onboarding of new client companies, process to include interfacing with client companies’ lab operations managers and key personnel.
- Prompt response to client company requests and/or questions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client company management and facility representatives.
- Implement “client company touch” programs and review amenities to keep refreshed with current, and market-driven services.
- Understand each client company’s needs to provide flexibility/expansion/relocation needs within portfolio as well as business needs to leverage our platform to solve their real estate challenges where appropriate.
- Manage client company move-outs with review of lease language, particularly restoration clauses, review of Surrender Plans, coordination with client company and consultants to ensure decontamination of suites has been handled appropriately and all agency documents filed.
- Participate in industry events to maintain and expand Breakthrough’s presence in the life science and technology communities.
Property Operations/Client Company Improvement Support:
- Participate in property operations set-up to include, but not limited to, back-of-house operations, major building equipment commissioning and operations.
- Support client company improvement projects to include, but not limited to, work letter administration, client company plan review, architect and contractor engagement and management, budget and improvement allowance monitoring and management, and project close-out while ensuring on time completion and within budget.
- As directed by the Company’s senior management, support client company buildouts, mechanical and other major building system upgrades, including capital project oversight and implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships partnering with engineering teams, coordination of contracting of ongoing maintenance, repairs and capital projects, ensuring completion on time and within budget.
- Provide recommendations for capital improvements and operational considerations with an emphasis on corporate sustainability.
- Ensuring timely and clear communication with client companies on any scheduled and emergency maintenance and repairs.
- Coordination with client companies and their contractors for any TI and/or capital projects minimizing disruptions or loss of essential services to other client companies or amenities.
- Emergency Response: Provide oversight to asset management and engineering teams in emergency situations such as floods, spills and leaks requiring immediate restoration, mold analysis and remediation.
- Develop (with third party vendors as necessary) standard operating procedures and programs ranging in protocols for laboratory safety, laboratory operational permits, hazardous waste disposal, maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records on all training, permits and incidents. Maintain all site signage related to safety and standards for the site. Ensure Control Area compliance is being met.
- Ensuring City and Agency required forms and renewals are completed on time.
- Minimum 10 years of proven success in the asset/property management industry with direct practical experience setting up operations, operating and managing sophisticated life science or commercial facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater preferred. Real Estate License preferred.
- CCIM, CPM, RPA, LEED or equivalent industry designation(s) preferred.
- Strong organizational, communication and financial skills are required.
- Successful track record of leading and managing others.
- Strong technical knowledge of building operations required.
- Experience in all phases of property operations, inclusive of asset and property management functions, legal and risk management.
- Knowledge of key liability and legal issues in property management.
- Experience with complex, highly technical commercial building system applications.
- Experience with client company improvement projects.
- Self-directed and motivated individual capable of managing both large and small project teams
- Ability to resolve complex issues in a timely manner while prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for working with people, creating amazing experiences and leading with a hospitality mindset.
- Takes initiative and is a proactive and decisive leader always focused on continuous improvement.
- Computer proficient skills with strong knowledge in spreadsheet preparation and working experience with all Microsoft Office Products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, Angus, Yardi, and with skills to learn proprietary software systems utilized by the Company.