This letter from a 7 year old girl to a Google exec went viral. Allison Hirschlag with The Ladders summed it up perfectly in explaining why any current job seekers should take note of this 7 year old’s tact.
A few of the takeaways from this letter to google include:
1) She stood out as an original applicant
2) She took an out of the box and direct approach to getting her application seen
3) She is specific in what she brings to the table and why she is attracted to that specific company
4) Her personality comes across
5) She appears well-rounded by relaying a few non-career interests
6) She is able to provide examples of how her experience is applicable
7) She clearly articulated her strengths and people who could vouch for her
Hopefully you job seekers can take a few notes from this 7 year old’s book and put yourselves out there for new opportunities!
Published by Allison Hirschlag on Feb 21, 2017 on www.theladders.com
Read the full blog post here: 7 secrets to success you can learn from the 7-year-old girl who impressed Google