Hiring activity in 2015 and 2016 is approaching the record levels of spring 2007.
Here is what companies are looking for and where the most jobs and best odds are:
- California continues as the state with the most commercial real estate job opportunities
- There is a surge in companies seeking technology and software skillsets across all job functions
- In 2016, acquisitions emerged as the most competitive job field, attracting an average of 188 applications for each position, while accounting and controller with 37 applications provided the best odds
- Acquisitions constitutes five percent of all job postings yet receives over 10 percent of all applications
- Property management is the inverse of acquisitions in that 12 percent of all jobs are in property management but that job field only receives seven percent of all applications
Read the full NAIOP blog post here: Where are the Real Estate Jobs?
Originally posted on NAIOP.org on November 21, 2016 by Susan M. Phillips