San Diego or Los Angeles – Remote, CA
An entrepreneurial investor focused on west coast assets is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. This professional will lead the financial planning, budgeting, analysis, and forecasting functions for the company’s investment vehicles, various ownership structures. This role will play a key role in driving strategic decision-making and optimizing financial performance. This professional will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, executive team members, and external stakeholders to ensure robust financial insights and accurate projections.
- Provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations.
- In collaboration with co-founder and other executives, develop short-term and long-range goals and objectives along with related plans and policies, providing financial analysis to evaluate potential investments, growth opportunities, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Oversees the organization’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the company’s objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Define and track key performance metrics to assess business performance, identify trends, and measure progress toward strategic objectives.
- Provide direction and oversight of the financial activities of the company.
- Create and manage financial forecasting models to project performance, cash flows, and capital expenditures, incorporating market trends, economic indicators, and business drivers for both the assets and the fund.
- Oversee the valuation process.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis, highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs), risks, and opportunities to guide decision-making and optimize resource allocation.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual operating budgets, incorporating input from various departments and aligning financial plans with strategic goals.
- Coordinate budget review processes, analyzing variances and trends to provide actionable insights to executive management.
- Ensures effective work collaboration between finance and accounting departments.
- Study long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth for the company.
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Support capital markets activity with financial analysis.
- Evaluate current portfolio and emerging opportunities to direct actions (i.e., new lines to engage, exit from existing lines, geographic location, product type, etc.).
- Define procurement strategy
- 8+ years of experience in financial management, and 5+ years of experience in real estate finance.
- Bachelor’s degree and advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or law is desirable.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, Teams, and video conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom).
- Advanced Excel skills: data manipulation, presentation, financial functions, pivot tables, etc.
- MRI or similar accounting system and Argus are required.
- Possess a self-motivated, analytical, inquisitive, passionate, and humble mindset.
- Solid emotional intelligence which includes effective interpersonal skills, self-awareness, self-control, social perception, and social management.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of real estate financial metrics, valuation methods, and capital markets.
- Efficiency in financial modeling, forecasting techniques, and data analysis tools.
- Detail-oriented with a strategic mindset and the ability to think critically and analytically.