San Diego, CA
A Southern California based real estate owner and manager with a diverse portfolio of real estate assets is looking for a VP of Asset Management to lead the asset management team. This individual should have the desire to be a part of a rapidly expanding company and will work closely with the company’s asset management, property management, acquisitions and accounting teams. The Vice President of Asset Management is responsible for the implementation of a strategic plan for a portfolio of assets, including oversight of all management, construction, development, and financial activities.
- Provide direction and oversight of the strategic plan for a portfolio of assets with collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Strategize with leaders in Finance, Acquisitions, Leasing, Operations, Construction and Development in the financial planning of assets, including validation of all investment decisions.
- Take primary lead in the execution and implementation of strategy for newly acquired properties in designated portfolio.
- Provide internal guidance on all new acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist the Finance department in conducting financial analysis for refinancing and sale opportunities.
- Review market, economic, and capital trends and factors impacting the performance of the assets.
- Direct the preparation of asset and market presentations, budgets, and updates to Executive Team and investors (i.e., Monthly cashflow, distributions and capital needs).
- Partner with multiple departments to monitor and evaluate property and portfolio performance; report on key drivers and variances to internal and external teams
- Stay updated on industry trends, transactional activity, peer market performance, and research perspectives relative to the real estate markets.
- Planning and executing both in-unit and common area renovations for communities in the portfolio
- Familiarity with apartment revenue management software
- Monitor cash flow, distributions and returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics
- 10 years’ experience in real estate, capital markets, asset management, or corporate finance. Multifamily experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to compare operating performance to budgets and loan covenant compliance
- Strong understanding of financial analysis concepts, including, but not limited to, rates of return, cash flows, net present value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software Experience: RealPage, Yardi, OneSite, Revenue Management