From major mergers and capital constraints on apartments to the co-working revolution and the Fed finally making its move on interest rates, 2016 was not without its major commercial real estate stories. But, of course, the biggest one of all won the American presidency. See below for the major commercial real estate news highlights on 2016.
- Enter Donald Trump
- Marriott International Grows With Starwood Merger
- Creation of ColonyNorthStar
- China Becomes Major US Real Estate Investor
- Banks Pull Back On Apartment Construction Lending
- Merger Mania In Dixie
- Hines REIT Liquidation
- Fed Makes Its Move. Finally.
- The VTS/Hightower $300M Merger
- Co-Working Takes The US By Storm
Originally published by Jarred Schenke for Bisnow on Dec 23, 2016. See additional details on these commercial real estate 2016 highlights in the full article here: The Biggest Commercial Real Estate Stories Of 2016